2012 Science Fiction/Action/Adventure Rated PG-13 132 Minutes
|In Theaters||March 9, 2012|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||June 5, 2012|
|On DVD||June 5, 2012|
From Academy Award®–winning filmmaker Andrew Stanton comes John Carter—a sweeping action-adventure set on the mysterious and exotic planet of Barsoom (Mars). John Carter is based on a classic novel by Edgar Rice Burroughs, whose highly imaginative adventures served as inspiration for many filmmakers, both past and present. The film tells the story of war-weary, former military captain John Carter (Taylor Kitsch), who is inexplicably transported to Mars where he becomes reluctantly embroiled in a conflict of epic proportions amongst the inhabitants of the planet, including Tars Tarkas (Willem Dafoe) and the captivating Princess Dejah Thoris (Lynn Collins). In a world on the brink of collapse, Carter rediscovers his humanity when he realizes that the survival of Barsoom and its people rests in his hands.
Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action.
Box office gross: $73.1 million. View box office history.
Released by Disney. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- The Wachowskis are back with 'Jupiter Ascending' trailer
- Hollywood needs help scheduling their movies
- Monday Morning Mixer: How utterly 'Despicable'
- Monday Morning Mixer: Will Smith crash lands at the box office
- Monday Morning Mixer: Return to 'Oz' is profitable
- Jay & Silent Bob debut 'Groovy' trailer, tour