2007 Action/Adventure Rated PG-13 168 Minutes
|In Theaters||May 24, 2007|
|On 4K UHD||Not Available|
|On Blu-ray||December 4, 2007|
|On DVD||December 4, 2007|
In the follow-up to the record-breaking smash 2006 hit Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, we find our heroes Will Turner (Orlando Bloom), Elizabeth Swann (Keira Knightley) allied with Captain Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush) in a desperate quest to free Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) from his mind-bending trap in Davy Jones' locker -- while the terrifying ghost ship, The Flying Dutchman and Davy Jones, under the control of the East India Trading Company, wreaks havoc across the Seven Seas. Navigating through treachery, betrayal and wild waters, they must forge their way to exotic Singapore and confront the cunning Chinese Pirate Sao Feng (Chow Yun-Fat). Now headed beyond the very ends of the earth, each must ultimately choose a side in a final, titanic battle -- as not only their lives and fortunes, but the entire future of the freedom-loving Pirate way, hangs in the balance.
Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of action/adventure violence and some frightening images.
Box office gross: $309.4 million. View box office history.
Released by Disney. See more credits.
Mentions in News Stories
- New 'Pirates of the Caribbean' trailer mixes old and new
- Someone dial 9-1-1, these stars are in need of some medical attention!
- Techradar's '50 Blu-ray movies for every hi-def fan' list misses quite a few
- The two best things you missed at Sunday night's MTV Movie Awards (videos)
- Oscar's big winner is 'No Country for Old Men'
- Two movies lead the way with the most nominations at this year's Oscars